Sunday, April 11, 2010

Training, or Lack of Training

Many weeks ago it seemed like an amazing idea to sign up for the 10K race up in Oostende - but 5 days before the race I started to realize I still had to train, and was wishing I signed up for the 5K!  I made sure to run in the evenings which only added to my overall exhaustion but I knew I had to or I would regret it on Sunday.  The weather is starting to get nice and with the time change the sun is out until almost 9 PM which is great.  I played the time changes perfectly - the US changes 2 weeks before Europe and I was back for the US change and also made it back just after the Europe change.  Although spring ahead means I lose an hour, but in terms of daylight its a huge difference so it feels much more like spring!  I also found a couple great trails along the river so I no longer have to run on the uneven brick sidewalks!

No comments:

Post a Comment