Saturday, April 24, 2010

Back to Spain

My responsibilities are picking up on the project in Spain as the majority of my first project is behind me.  So, a few of us traveled to Spain Wednesday - Thursday which means I needed to wake up at 4 AM to make it to the airport in time for the first flight out and would be taking the last flight back on Thursday.  We arrived in the office around ten AM worked till 9PM then left for my favorite part of the Spain trips.  Dinner and drinks with people from the team.  There is this billiards bar right across the street from the hotel we stay at called "El Billars" (no joke!) and a few of us headed over there for a Budweiser after dinner.  Barcelona's soccer team was playing El Deportivo and there were about 15 people in the bar and every single one of them was staring at the TV.  We walked in and went to the bar to grab a drink and we were given the stare of death for blocking the TV for 30 seconds so I grabbed my beer and went straight to the pool tables out of everyone's view.  Barcelona scored early and we did what we could to look like we were also rooting for Barcelona mainly so no one would try to fight us and they ended up winning 3-0.  Somehow, I went 3-0 in playing pool even though one of the guy's is a hustler - he plays this stupid rule (which I didn't even know about until it was time for me to hit the 8 ball in) that you have to make the 8 ball in the opposite pocket, of the pocket you make your last ball in.  Of course, I made my last ball in the side pocket, meaning I had to make the 8 ball in the opposite side pocket - impossible.  But, I got lucky and hit the 8 ball right on the edge of a corner pocket and he had no play except to hit it in the wrong pocket so I won, and won the next two games too.

No comments:

Post a Comment