Saturday, April 24, 2010

Stupid Ash Cloud

Sunday was another gorgeous day and I wanted to do something adventurous, something that the Ash cloud couldn't cancel for me - so thought it would be a good idea to book my second attempt to do the "Balloon over Bruges" hot air balloon ride as there were no clouds in the sky and I thought it would be beautiful to watch the sunset over the Sea right on top of Bruges.  On their website it even said - "the ash cloud won't ground our flights!" I went for a quick run and did a couple errands before calling them to confirm if the flight was going to go out that night.  Guess what - they said I was the only person booked on the evening flight because a group of Italians that were booked had to cancel because they could not make it to Bruges due to the ash cloud.  At this point I was so annoyed with the ash cloud I went out and hung around Gent and found a delicious Thai restaurant not too far from my place.  So many amazing things planned this weekend completely shot down because of the volcano.

I also had to move apartments for the week because they are re-doing the roof on my building, and I am on the top floor so they needed me to move down a floor into the empty unit for a week.  I completely procrastinated on this and ended up finishing Monday morning before I left to work and I only brought down the essentials, assuming I could get anything else I needed in to evenings.  The workers start pounding on the building by 7 AM every morning and they all smoke so walking down the stairs to leave everyday was very unpleasant - especially when it is raining the side of my building outside of my front door because they were sanding / refinishing the front of the building.  But, luckily it was only a week and was only a minor inconvenience. 
Caption: Picture of my building during the works

No comments:

Post a Comment