Thanks to everyone who wished me Happy Birthday either via email / message / or even real mail! I didn't really tell anyone at work because I didn't want to make a big deal of it and over here if it is your birthday it your is responsibility to bring in food / candy / etc. for everyone and I wasn't in the mood to go anywhere over the weekend to get anything. We were supposed to have a work team event that night but we canceled it because we had colleagues stranded in Chicago because of the ash cloud so I ended up going out to dinner / drinks with a colleague in Gent and we went to a great restaurant called the Fondue Loft. Hot date I know!
I have never been to the Melting Pot or any other fondue restaurants in the states but this was different than I expected. I assumed we would be dipping different foods into cheeses / sauces / etc. But instead there was a stove top in the middle of the table and a pot of oil and we ordered the 'Royal Fondue' - a plate full of raw meat (beef, chicken, duck, lamb, meatballs) that we cooked ourselves and had unlimited fries and salad and it was delicious - and of course had a couple Duvels. I think the meatballs were the best because they had a million different spices on them.
After dinner we went to the translated as 'Troll Basement' pub next to my apartment then called it a night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment