Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday in Brugge

The weather was supposed to be nice on Sunday (sunny but coldd) so I decided to go to Brugge because I haven't been since October and it really is one of the best cities around, and while I am 30 minutes away I figured it was time to take advantage!  It was also inspired by finally watching the movie 'In Bruges' on Saturday so it reminded me to go finally climb the bell tower.  That was my main mission of the day, but I was a bit disappointed because the carillon is under construction so over half of the panoramic view was closed and will be until June.  Looks like I will come back in June :-).  The climb was quite easy, to be honest I just felt like I was going to my apartment... getting quite used to walking hundreds of stairs a day living on the top of a non-elevator building!  But the last couple levels had very small staircases so I finally know what Jenni and John were talking about!  Beautiful day and I was able to get some nice pictures.  I started to leave because the annoying pushy tourists all seemed to be in the tiny top level at the same time, then after climbing down 2 levels I realized I forgot to take a picture with my phone because I wanted to use it as my new home screen image.  So, I climbed back up and I was glad I did because it was quite empty then and I was able to get even better pictures. 

 

I had lunch at Brasserie Erasmus which is where Emma and Jessie ate and they said it was delicious and they are correct.  I ordered a bowl of soup and the Club Maison sandwich which was brie cheese and walnuts - different but very good!  I then did a little shopping and finally bought my Leffe glasses so now I can enjoy a Leffe correctly! 

When I arrived in Gent, I finally took pictures of the Vridagmarkt since I had my camera on me and it was sunny!  I park under this market everyday and it is a 1 minute walk from my apartment and is full of restaurants and bars and tourists taking pictures just like me :-).  


No comments:

Post a Comment