Sunday, March 7, 2010

Running!

Since I have started training for Ragnar I am getting excited about running again!  My boss forwarded me an email from the BeLux sports group for work that is organizing a 'team' to run the Brussels 20K and since work is paying for the entry fee, it is 3.5 weeks before Ragnar (perfect warm-up), and to run a race in Brussels would be awesome so I signed up!  There are 30,000 people who run the race and the registration was full within the first 4 days of being open so I am excited for this one!  

After talking to 'Coronita' in Spain, she mentioned that there are different races all over the country so I started looking into it and decided I wanted to try and run a race in every major city in Belgium.  I am running a race at the end of April with a colleague - it is a 6 person marathon relay in Antwerp and they need one more guy to run a 10K leg which is a perfect amount.  After doing some research I found that I could run the race in Oostende - along the sea, and in Gent as well but would miss the one in Bruges which is kind of sad because that was the one I was looking forward to!  But I am excited to run the Oostende race as the last couple KM are on the boardwalk right on the beach / shoreline and the Gent one will be an experience because I live here (just found out it's on a Thursday....!??!?  sad face!).  This is on a Thursday because it is a holiday for Ascension Day, and they also get Friday the 14th off because their Labor Day is May 1st, which is a Saturday this year so they will observe it on Friday the 14th - long weekend.. where will I go?!?

  Now I just need to keep training, I have run 6 times in 9 days so I hope I can keep it going - very scenic runs as I usually run laps around different bridges along all of the different canals in and around in city.  Oh, and I need to figure out how to register online because running.be website is only in French and Dutch...!

No comments:

Post a Comment