Remember what I said about nickel and diming you? Well, they make every single person put their bag into the metal rack to prove that your bag is not too big, otherwise you have to check it. I try putting mine in and it doesn't fit of course, so she starts telling me in French you will have to check the luggage etc. However, I notice that the bottom on my bag has plastic pieces that stick out on the bottom to protect the wheels so I ignored her, flipped my bag upside down and pushed as hard as I could to get the bag to fit. It worked and she let me go! Security was a blast as well, having to unzip your entire suitcase to find your liquids and your laptop....
We land at the airport in Spain and after 20 minutes of my colleagues talking to the car rental people, they finally give us the keys. What car did we get? A white Citroen Berlingo. What is a Berlingo you ask? 2 things:
1) A car
2) Word that is crazy fun to say. Say it out loud - right now. Ber-lin-go. Again - berrleeeengo. One more time - so fun right?!
Link with a pic - Berlingo
Keep in mind this one is way nicer than the one we had, it only has one bench so its a perfect car for 5 guys... We enjoyed the fact that we had 5 guys, driving a Berlingo in Spain - felt like it should be a movie. We made it to our hotel which is this beautiful, remote hotel that is completely empty during the week for the most part except for us. Evidently, it's a busy place on the weekends and is a great place for couples. Its is definitely a different lifestyle here, the hotel staff is incredibly laid back and never does anything in a hurry. Breakfast is only served at 8 AM and dinner at 9 PM. You can ask for them to be served earlier - but they get stressed and you don't push it. Check out some of the pics.
Check out the ceiling in the room! So cool!
We all went to the bar for a drink and of course I ordered 'Una cerveza por favor' :-).



No comments:
Post a Comment