Sunday, February 14, 2010

Trip 5

As soon as I landed in Chicago I received a phone call from my boss that I had been confirmed to start working on another project in Spain, just north of Barcelona and that I would be going there for 3 days my first week back in Europe.  After a short week back in the US, spent in Columbus and Chicago I found myself back in the airport waiting for another fun-filled 8 hour flight.  Flight went as planned and another day in the office as usual, until my ride home.  Always so many adventures driving here...  Well, when I was riding to work from the airport, I noticed a couple speed limit signs that read 90 with the letters in CAPS below it "SMOG."  I did not think much of it, just assumed I had never seen these specific signs before.  However, come to find out that the government measures the quality of the air every day, and if the air quality is bad enough, they will change the speed limit to 90 (usually 120 km/h) on all of the highways.  Normally would not be a big deal, just a nuisance - but jet-lagged and being forced to drive slow is similar to giving a baby a bottle - puts you right to sleep!  Luckily I was able to stay awake and get to my apartment no issue, just felt like the longest... drive... ever.  Had to unpack then repack for my trip to Spain the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment