Thursday, January 14, 2010

Trip 4, Delayed

After being in Chicago for barely 24 hours after driving back from Florida after a cruise to the Bahamas, I was finishing packing and heading back to the airport to return to Belgium.  This time I was flying KLM airlines for the first time and was connecting through Amsterdam, however some idiot pilot ending up ‘breaking’ the plane on his taxi to the gate as I was waiting in line to check in (good timing by me or I might still be at the airport waiting in line) my trip back was delayed.  Long story short and after 3 hours in the airport the flight was canceled and I was booked on a flight the next day on 2 different airlines going from Chicago to Atlanta to Brussels.  This meant that I was able to have one more night in Chicago which was very nice as I got to see a couple friends and catch up on some sleep before another trip across the pond.  Just not looking forward to catching up on work after traveling all day on Wednesday (doing it right now on this flight, just finished updating the project plan for the eight week push to Go-Live!). Clearly this was written last week...!

No comments:

Post a Comment