Segment 1:
Christmas Markets in Cologne
I went with my buddy Hugo and his Portuguese entourage for a day and we were able to visit 3 of the Christmas markets and there was way more ‘party’ than ‘Christmas market’ in Cologne! Definitely saw more food and drink booths than booths selling Christmas items – welcome to Germany, maybe that’s why I enjoy it so much! It is amazing the amount of people that come to these markets as it is difficult to move around however I had some amazing food: Bratwurst, fried potatoes and applesauce, crepe, and of course a handful of Kolsch (beer)!
Captions: Top - pic of the center area at the Dom Market
Middle - Brat-tastic
Bottom - fried potatoes and apple sauce, plus a Kolsch
Plakkers!
One of our favorite places to eat lunch at is a broodje (sandwich) shop called ‘Bocadilla’ – which we were told today by our Spanish colleagues that it means sandwich – it all makes sense now! Anyhow, they have this frequent visitor system and every sandwich you buy they give you one plakker, or sticker, and it takes 16 plakkers to fill up the card. As you can imagine, I am obsessed with trying to fill up my card! There are 3 different sizes of sandwiches, however only the groot (large) and klein (medium) yield a plakker. So I stole a colleague’s strategy and I order two different kleins (or my term, going for ‘kleindubs’) everyday we go in order to fill up the card faster and it also helps in trying all of the sandwiches as there are almost 50 different kinds. So today was the big day, I had the chance to fill up my card; therefore I of course ordered a kleindubs and filled up all 16 spots on my card. I know you are dying to see what the prize is for filling up your card – a whopping 2.70 euro discount on a broodje.




bought time you came back w/ a post. i checked over break and nothing! maybe cause you were on a cruise. nevertheless the food looks amazing as usual! that sausage is HUGE. i bet u liked that a lot.
ReplyDelete