Wednesday, October 7, 2009

I am Growing Up.. :-(!

I definitely just officially read and finished the first book I have read since Christmas 2007 (which is what makes me feel like I am getting old), and the longest book I have read since reading the slavery book in Mrs. Snyder's class in sixth grade... Just finished "The Associate", John Grisham's new book and it was very good, but left way too many questions unanswered which reminded me why I hate reading so much.  Grandma R has pry read more books this year than I have in the last 15 years combined and she's slacking this year!!

It has been raining here this entire week, so besides last night's Accenture team dinner I have not really been out much this week.  However, I did eat dinner with the client's European president who is staying in the same small town as me as we happened to run into each other at the same restaurant, so hopefully that will help me out!

Tomorrow is my last day in the office as I fly back to Chicago Friday morning :-), so tomorrow night I am hoping it is not raining so I can take some pictures of Aalst on my way to the train station; I am going to Brussels tomorrow night to meet up with a friend and have a couple beers and see some of the sights.

I will be back in Chicago in the early afternoon on Friday and look forward to reconnecting with everyone over the weekend.  Chicago marathon in on Sunday so gonna be cheering on a lot of friends I know that are running in it.. and unfortunately my week in Chicago is heavily filled with chores (pack, move, call verizion, etc.)!  I am afraid my phone is going to explode after being off for 2 weeks when I turn it back on!!

1 comment:

  1. This post makes me miss you and wish we were both back in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete